Wednesday, July 15, 2009

shine, what shine?



Ladies prepare to put you shiny little top coats on the back burner because OPI is launching a matte line. Yes matte as in no shine, no glitter, no frosting. Just pure, flat one dimensional color! I love the idea and can't wait to get my hands on this collection. Sadly, I have to wait until the launch even more colors the the 6 (Russian Navy, Alpine Snow, La Paz-itively Hot, Lincoln Park After Dark, You Don't Know Jacques and Gargantuan Green Grape) they're starting out with since I have about 4 of then already.

I am a bit curious about the consistency of it. I one read that all the mica (glitter) in nail polish tends to make them chip faster, so would this line chip less? Yet, the official OPI website states, "Matte by OPI does not wear as long as original OPI Nail Lacquer. Do not use base coat, top coat, drying products or hand lotion when wear Matte." Ummm, so I'm supposed to be ashy for the duration of my manicure?

What do you guys think?


* La Paz-itively Hot


-caviar dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment